Hi,
We are working on a mobile app for our SAAS website which uses Cake 1.3,
we've decided to use Jquery mobile+ Phonegap so we will use the HTML5 power
for building a mobile app.

The whole app is an HTML page with a few js ans css files which will be
running natively on the mobile and will interact with server with Ajax.

The problem we encountered here is that using the cakephp Auth the session
id is not being saved on the browser (because the page is not being served
from a webserver i think) so we don't have access to the session and we
can't know for sure if the user is authenticated or not.

I've seen some mobile authentication systems that provide a Token after
login, save it in browser local storage and send this token with each ajax
request to the server, the server checks the token and if it is valid then
severs the data.

Is there any reasonable way of authenticating users on a mobile app using
the Auth component?!