I am. All passwords in the db are hashed. The problem seems to be that
instead of getting info from the users table, it is only filling
debug($this->Session->read('Auth.User'));
and debug($this->Auth->User()) with data from the form. Otherwise the
password would be hashed. It has nowhere else to get an unhashed password
from. This seems like a pretty poor choice for default behavior. I would
prefer that my app didn't store passwords from the form anywhere.