On Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:27:28 PM UTC-4, rchavik wrote:

> Perhaps the new Event system in 2.x would help here

rchavik, thanks for your comment!

This is something we were kicking around, but we really couldn't makes
sense of what we (the team I work with) were reading, nor we really sure
where the code would lie. Would the base (the low level functions) lie in
the ItemModel? And then maybe we would have another function that would put
them all together. I'm just not sure where that code would be, maybe in a
vendor/plugin class? In the morning I'll take a look over the documentation
again. It's honestly been a days since we went over the Events Systems in
the book, but the fact you're point me back there warrants a
re-investigation.

All other comments and questions are still welcome. It's a big project we
are trying to tackle, and we are determined to do it as best as we can as
to not make a tangled mess for ourselves in the future.