I'd do it in the query...as a virtual field - you should be able to get
away with it as a pure expression. Probably much faster than getting
everything then looping through the results.

If you did end up having to do it programatically, a behavior might be the
right place if you wish to reuse the functionality later.

note my formula isn't perfect. Mess around with it in a spreadsheet with a
graph so you can see how the rating will behave. You'll probably need to do
considerable tuning to get it doing exactly what you want and it may be
open to abuse by your users.