No, the way it works is that the first 2 htaccess files direct
requests to app/webroot directory. This is because people on shared
hosting and the like will most likely have to put app inside the
server's document_root. Then, inside app/webroot a 3rd htaccess then
checks the request to see if it matches any of the files or folders in
app/webroot itself.

So, just place your shop folder in there and Cake will let the web
server deal with it.