I've to agree with this. At first I wasn't to shabby about it (mainly
having all asset configuration in 1 place, that's why I hacked in support
for plugin ini files) but once I started working with it, it made a whole
lot of things (combining assets and compressing them with YUI on deployment
via Jenkins) easier and less time consuming. So more time to develop
awesome features :).