Hi Grant,

It's probably wise to take a step back and look at your code with an
eye on what methods you should be using. You should not be calling
render in your view, or was that  typo? Your message implies that you
have table_contents.thtml and table_content.thtml, but I canĀ“t really
make out what you have or want to achieve.

Regarding ajax and not: There is no need to create 2 views for the same
method, irrespective of the contents that is obviously a duplication.
Just include the requestHandler component - you then don't need to do
anything to have a layout for a normal request, and not for an ajax
request. Generally speaking, it's unnecessary for controller or view
code to be aware of whether it's an ajax call or not when processing a
request.

HTH,

AD7six
Please note:
The manual/bakery is a good place to start any quest for info.
The cake search (at the time of writing) erroneously reports less/no
results for the google group.
The wiki may contain incorrect info - read at your own risk (it's
mainly user submitted) :)
You may get your answer quicker by asking on the IRC Channel (you can
access it with just a browser here: http://irc.cakephp.org).