Gah - I'm a numpty. Kept putting the foreignKey as the column on the table
I'm joining to.

As for books/authors - I took the simple approach and gave each book one
author. If a book is written by John Smith and Bob Jones, then there is a
row in the author table "John Smith & Bob Jones". Makes the design easier,
but it does mean if I want to find all the books by Bob Jones then I need
to search for "%Bob Jones%'. But I may change that design anyway, but at
least I can now do all the other foreignKey look ups.

Thanks,

N.