Howdy :)

To give you a feel for the environment, we have a highly available
configuration of two load balanced web servers and two database servers
(master/slave). We are using CakePHP 2.2.1 on NginX and PHP-FPM with PHP
5.4. We are noticing intermittent cache write failures despite having tried
both file based caching and memcached. For file based caching, even with
permissions being 777 and the umask set to 777, a cache file cannot be
overwritten once it is written. On the memcached side, the store failures
follow the same pattern. Once it has been written, it cannot be overwritten
when it expires.

I am at a loss. At first I thought it had something to do with our file
syncing on the web servers but then we moved to memcached to sitestep the
issue and we are having the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!