I have a plugin that has custom CSS and JS files.
The plugin does not need its own layout - it will use the apps default
layout.

I guess I could just brute force it and put the $this->Html->css() and
$this->Html->script()  calls into the layouts/default.ctp file.

but I was wondering, is there a way to configure the controller or
something to call these only when a plugin controller/view is used?

Thanks,
Bill