My aim is to retrieve the html of a view without user interaction
(basically just call a function that returns the html that is generated for
a specific view). My problem is that this doesn't appear to be possible
when both of the following are true:
1. the view is in a different controller to the one which requires the html
2. there are get parameters required to render the view correctly.

thanks again, I would appreciate if anybody knows a solution to this.