Hi guys, im the maintainer of the plugin. Lets nail this, so i know what to
add to the docs.

For what i know everything is in the readme, but perhaps i missed a step.

You can use CakePdf in 2 ways:

1. Render like normal html view in the browser but as pdf (or forced
download), use the same url and add .pdf extension. You can use the same
controller action, view() in this example, just use other view.ctp (in pdf
subdir) and layout. If you decide for whatever reason to create a separate
pdf_view() action, you should also browse to corresponding url:
users/pdf_view/1.pdf and create the pdf_view.ctp in the pdf subdir.

2. Or use directly by creating CakePdf instance to get the pdf string
returned to attach to an email for instance.

Seems you just didnt add the .pdf url extension, also the engine value
should exactly match the classname of the engine without Engine suffix, so
for tcpdf that should be: 'engine' => 'Tcpdf'
The 'prefix' is not a config option btw.

I know people using this plugin in production sites, and the plugin has
plenty of tests, if i missed something id be more then happy to add
to/update the readme and/or tests. Its just not clear to me what is
missing/incorrect in the readme.

From