The first error about missing method setExtensions() is because you are not
using latest cake version, if you would look up the line where the error
points to you would read this:

https://github.com/ceeram/CakePdf/blob/master/Config/routes.php#L3

The dompdf error, i can not help with really, that is not caused by the
CakePdf plugin code.

Tcpdf also produces i bunch of notices, so added a line about that here:

https://github.com/ceeram/CakePdf/blob/master/Pdf/Engine/TcpdfEngine.php#L23

You could try that with dompdf as well i guess.

Wkhtmltopdf is the recommended engine, as it beats all other engines
together, in both performance and correct rendering html.