On Wednesday, 29 August 2012 17:16:58 UTC+2, Mohammad Naghavi wrote:

> we are all trying to contribute something back into community, so if you
> want to help please do

I don't know your contribution - but I have and I do,
https://github.com/cakephp (find me)

> if not don't try to change the whole world match your needs just because
> you don't like it.

One of the types of threads I reply to, are the ones where a simple
question goes on for days because the advice given is misleading, going
nowhere or just plain wrong.

Routes aren't the simplest part of cakephp but I repeat: routes are not
magic.

The logic for routes is pretty simple:

    foreach routes as route
      does it match?
        return route
     handle unmatched route

If the route _your_ url reverse-matches is not the url(string) you expect -
it's because the route _doesn't_ match the array you're passing it or
matches another route before finding the one you're expecting.

I use colors to recognize my text from others as fast as possible. If you
> don't like it, it doesn't mean it is useless!!!!!

Sure - but it does continue to dissuade me from reading beyond word 1 on
the thread.

AD