I am assuming you have a route that routes to a specific controller/action,
e.g. pages controller, index action.
Then in you home page view View/Pages/index.ctp -

  <h2>News Summary></h2>
  <?php echo $this->requestAction('/news/summary'); ?>

  <?php echo $this->requestAction('users/login'); ?>

Then, in your News controller, create and action - summary, and a view file
summary.ctp.
In your Users controller create action login (which should also handle the
POST request when the user logs in) and a login.ctp view file.

Then when the home page is rendered, the news summary and login forms will
be displayed.

Mark