howdy!

We have created a SaaS app using cakephp 1.3 which is pulling in data from
a 3rd party API and populating the database (each subdomain has its own
database) . We are in process of moving our architecture to a gearman for
the 3rd party API. Each subdomain would submit a workload to the queue and
corresponding worker (multiple instances of the same workers exists
simultaneously) would execute it. I've written the worker using the same
code base and do just switch the db connection details on the fly. This
work alright when the worker instance(s) are dealing with one subdomain
connection details at a given time. My problem is that if more than one
workload is from different subdomains are being served by the gearman
workers in parallel,some of the data fetched from one subdomain ends up
being in the other subdomain. The db config is probably being switched
because of the underlying cakephp core cache? Singleton?

I was wondering if its the case. Its kinda a difficult debugging what the
issue is. It would be immensely helpful if you could throw me some
pointers.

Thanks,

-Ketan.

http://www.innovatechnologies.in