I created a CakePHP 2.2.2 app. I did the basic installation steps, security
salt, /tmp permissions etc. All the green bars on the home page.

I added a MySQL database with a Reports table...

CREATE TABLE `reports` (
  `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `title` varchar(100) DEFAULT NULL,
  `created` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  `modified` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

I then baked a model, controller and views for the Reports table.

Everything works fine as you would expect, I can add, edit and delete records.

In the command line I cd into my app/Plugin and run...

        git clone -b master git://github.com/cakephp/debug_kit.git DebugKit

As per the instructions I add

        CakePlugin::load('DebugKit');

To app/Config/bootstrap.php and add

        public $components = array('DebugKit.Toolbar');

to AppController.php.

I refresh my page and I see the DebugKit tab. It works fine.

However as soon as I add/edit or delete a record I get a Fatal error although
the add/edit is saved to the database. For instance on edit as soon as I submit
I see…

Fatal Error
Error: Call to a member function setFlash() on a non-object
File:
/Library/WebServer/Documents/MySites/debugtest/app/Controller/ReportsController.php

Line: 66

Looking at line 66 in ReportsController I see the baked setFlash message line…

        $this->Session->setFlash(__('The report has been saved'));

If I comment out the line then my app works fine again (obviously without the
flash messages)

If I leave the setFlash uncommented but comment out public $components =
array('DebugKit.Toolbar'); from AppController.php (ie: turn off DebigKit) my
app works fine.

I've tried this setup twice now, with clean installs and setting up and it
happened both times.

When the error shows I looked in DebugKit and under the 'Request' tab 'Current
Route' has a warning…

        Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[APP/Plugin/DebugKit/View/Helper/HtmlToolbarHelper.php, line 68]

If I click the code button I see…

            $values[] = '(empty)';
        }
        foreach ($values as $key => $value) {

Where "foreach ($values as $key => $value) {" is line 68 in
HtmlToolbarHelper.php

The context button shows…

        $values = '(object)CakeRoute'
        $openDepth = (int) 0
        $currentDepth = (int) 0
        $doubleEncode = false
        $className = 'neat-array depth-0'
        $nextDepth = (int) 1
        $out = '<ul class="neat-array depth-0">'

Has anyone got any ideas what is going on here?

Cheers

Paul

--
Like Us on FacekBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP