> Maybe you're right, but cake suport transactions, and locking should be
> (If the SQL engine can).
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/transactional-commands.html

Thanks for the link.

Part of the problem I see with this is that the syntax for locking
tables is (probably?) a very database-specific thing.  The Model is
designed to be as general as possible.  Yes, I could very easily see
there being a $foo->lock() method, provided you can easily implement
it across multiple database packages.

Having said that, there's nothing stopping you from submitting a patch
for this if you really want to see it.  Unless you want someone else
to do it for you.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard