Make a directory somewhere on your drive, say its
/user/me/projects/site. Download and unzip cakephp and put its contents in
that folder site.

open MAMP/conf/apache/httpd.conf

add a virtual host at the bottom

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "*/user/me/projects/site/app/webroot*"
ServerName *mysite.local*
RewriteEngine on
<Directory "*/user/me/projects/site/*">
AllowOverride All
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from All
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Open a terminal and edit host file

sudo vi /etc/hosts

add the line
*127.0.0.1 *      *mysite.local*

Restart MAMP. You should be able to open a browser and go to
*http://mysite.local
*and use that as a working directory. From there go through the
instructions if there are errors, you will most likely have to add
.htaccess files. I also highly recommend get a git account somewhere and
commit your files to git.

--
Like Us on FacekBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP

---