Hi,

For one of my projects, I need to join up against some static data in
another database. The data in this database will never be written to by my
application, and the schema does not comply with cake's conventions. I am
not able to change the schema to comply with cake's conventions because
other non-cake applications depend on and have been written to take
advantage of this schema.

As such, I've turned to mysql views - a simple select query massages the
format into something cake is comfortable with and this works fine for
feeding the static data/lookups on static data into my application.

The problem comes when I try and generate a schema with the schema shell.
It generates fine but the schema creates entries for the views as if they
were tables, so there is a manual task after the fact to go back in and
remove the entries for the views, and then a manual SQL script to create
the views.. which is prone to user error (if schemas are run but views are
not updated, or views are not removed from schema.php etc).

Does anyone have a nice elegant way of dealing with views in schema
generation?

---