Doctrine was mentioned sometimes. I also think it would be a great idea to
use this ORM for doing all the crazy DB things. There is no need for a self
implementation because doctrine works very well by now. I like the "code
first" approach in doctrine and i'm really missing this in cakephp to write
the model and generate the database. Doctrine has also options to generate
migration files for differences in database tables and models during the
development process. I mean this features should bbe used in future.
greets pete

---