Hey there lowpass,
Thanks for this full-fledged explanation, it helped me understand how
CakePHP works, and i finally am able to use it for (at this time) basic
things, on my own :)
About the character thing:
After all I managed to make my menu with the helper that Tim mentioned
above, but I have a few problems with it, maybe you could help me out?
So.. First thing. I rewrote the helper, 'cause, by defaullt, it renders
menus in unordered lists, but i like to do it in divs, like in the plain
HTML code i put in the first post. So now it renders this:

My 'calling' of this rendering is made up like this:
$menu = array(
'options' => array('class' => 'menuitems'),
'items' => array(
array('title' => 'Hirek', 'url' => array('controller' => 'posts', 'action'
array('title' => 'Tutorialok', 'url' => array('controller' => 'posts',
'action' => 'tutorials')),
array('title' => 'Munkaim', 'url' => array('controller' => 'posts',
'action' => 'jobs')),
array('title' => 'Kapcsolat', 'url' => array('controller' => 'posts',
'action' => 'contact'))
));

It works very well, but I have the following problem: If i write "Munkáim"
instead of "Munkaim" (its the á, a hungarian character) it simply doesn't
renders it. It created the div, but it's empty, like this:
href='website/posts/tutorials'>Tutorialok</a></div>
As you can see, the third item is empty, because i used a non-english
character. Any way to solve this?
Also, i'd like to add class names to these menu items (each individual
item), because of the 960 Grid system i'm using. Tim, maybe you know how to
do it?

Thanks a lot folks,
Tristan

2012/12/7 lowpass <zijn.digi...@gmail.com>

> Are you certain that the characters have been inserted into the
> database correctly? Check that the character encoding is correct for
> the database and the individual tables.
>
> You may also need to check that the browser is correctly rendering the
> page. Look in the browser's View menu, or check with Firebug, etc.
>
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Trisztán Thar <triszta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > One more thing:
> > I have used this helper, but i have discovered that it won't list menu
> items
> > that have a special character in them. You know, I'm from Hungary, we
> have
> > characters like: é, í, á, ű, ő, ú etc.. So if a menu item contains any
> > non-english character, it treats it like if it wouldn't be there. Any
> idea
> > how to solve this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --