Hey Jeremy, thanks again for the reply.  I no longer need the answer to
this as I went a different route.

However, for the purpose of anyone who may come accross this thread trying
to do this same thing, Jeremy's answer is a great way to handle this "under
one app", but if you NEED for some reason to separate code, some people
have made theirs a plugin.

It was one way I found while searching on this topic, also here on this
group.

Hope this helps someone.

By far though, admin prefixes are the way to go.

As far as the OP, it was a local dev setup thing, which would have been
changed to other servers when I was done etc, which I just handled with
some dns changes, etc

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:30:15 AM UTC-5, Jeremy Burns wrote:

> Prefix routing?
> http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/development/routing.html#prefix-routing
>
> Jeremy Burns
> Class Outfit
>
> http://www.classoutfit.com
>
> On 11 Dec 2012, at 00:05:47, Devario Johnson
> <devar...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> So I searched a bit, and honestly I have kind of a headache right now, and
> can't seem to find exactly what Im looking for.  So Im hoping someone can
> point me in the right direction via an article or something.
>
> I would like to have an admin section as a new cake app in the structure
> as follows
>
> (my regular site)
> is
> htdocs/
> ----------- app/
> ----------------everything else
>
> What modifications would I have to make to allow for this to live
> harmoniously with that
>
> htdocs/
> -----------admin/
> --------------------app/
> ---------------------------everything else
>
> along with (or on the side of) what is above.
>
> Basically a new cake install only for the app side?
>
> One way I was looking at was having both apps inside of htdocs/app1/app
> htdocs/admin/app, but since I already have this setup I wanted to know if I
> can do it the way i want without changing the structure.  Thanks
>
> --
> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>
> ---