Hey

The translate behaviour seems to be quite bad documented.

If you want to work with it correctly, you've to mind to set the locale
attribute:

$this->Yourmodel->locale = false; //storing multiple languages at once
$this->Yourmodel->locale = null; //will use the locale in your conf
$this->Yourmodel->locale = 'any string you that you makes happy';//custom
one

if you save or retrieve the data you've to set that attribute!

greetz

Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012 16:29:56 UTC+1 schrieb LDSign:

> Hi
>
> Ive searched for several hours now and unfortunatly the translate
> behaviour does not work as expected. I try to save multiple translation
> fields at once like so:
>
> echo $this->Form->adminText('name.deu',__('Name german'));
>> echo $this->Form->adminText('name.eng',__('Name english'));
>>

>  My controller (save)action is unmodified from the one baked. In the model
> Ive correctly included the translate behaviour:
>
> public $actsAs = array('Translate' => array('name'));
>>

> Cake-Version is 2.2.3
>
> So what happens? I expect that the two name fields would be saved to the
> i18n table under their corresponding langauge after transmitting the form.
> But instead of this only the (actual) language stored in the session will
> be used...so only one language-entry is added to the i18n table and the
> other language will be completly ignored.
>
> After searching the net several people had success with the approach shown
> above, but on my side it doesn't work. What I am doing wrong? Is this a bug?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Greetings,
> Frank

---