In my form I also do the same thing to switch the open / closing with an if
statement for the add or edit that's being called.

-----Original Message-----
From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:cake-php@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of lowpass
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:32 PM
To: cake-php@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Correct way to handle ajax forms

I haven't done much AJAX stuff with 2.2.x yet but that's basically what I've
always been doing. Generally, my add and edit templates just include the
form.ctp element. In that I have a
switch($this->params['action']) to decide how to open/close the form.
But the point is to be able to render and return just the form portion of a
view.