Hi,

That's a helper I created a while back and it will work on 2.2.4, although
you might want to get the latest version from GitHub

https://github.com/vz28bh/CakePHP-JqueryValidationHelper

In that version I recommend opening the form like below, just to make
things a little cleaner.

<?php echo $this->JqueryValidation->createHorizontal('User'); ?>

Also, make sure you include Jquery itself

echo $this->Html->script('jquery.min');

and have defined some validation criteria in your models

        'username' => array(
            'notempty' => array(
                'rule' => array('notempty'),
                //'message' => 'Your custom message here',
                //'allowEmpty' => false,
                //'required' => false,
            ),
        ),

If you can get Firefox with Firebug installed you can see if there are any
Javascript problems.

I assume "server side" means you only get validation after clicking submit,
which would be using the Cake model validation instead of Javascript.

Matt

---