On Monday, January 14, 2013 3:37:18 PM UTC-5, AD7six wrote:

> On Monday, 14 January 2013 20:28:31 UTC+1, McScreech wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, January 14, 2013 11:12:05 AM UTC-5, McScreech wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, [ Apache 2.2.22 (Win32), MySQL 5.5.21, PHP 5.3.5, cakePHP 2.2.1 ]
>>>
>>> I'm having odd (IMO) behaviour from DebugKit - the toolbar only shows up
>>> if there are errors on the page and NOT if it renders correctly.
>>>
>>> Is this expected behavior? If so, how do I force the DebugKit toolbar to
>>> always display?
>>>
>>> Not sure what version of DebugKit I am using, how do I check that I am
>>> using the correct one for cakePHP 2.2.1?
>>>
>>> TIA, McS
>>>

>> Went back over the docs again and found 'forceEnable' option which I've
>> included in AppController $components as follows.
>> However, I still don't understand why I need this to see the toolbar on a
>> correctly rendered page?
>> 'DebugKit.Toolbar' => array('forceEnable' => true)
>>
>> Also, went back to the source (https://github.com/cakephp/debug_kit) and
>> got the current version from the master branch, which also did not seem to
>> help without the 'forceEnable' option.
>>
>> McS
>>

> Somewhere in your app you have
>
>     Configure::write('debug', 0);
>
> Find it - and remove it.
>
> AD

Thanx Andy,

Found it. In in core.php I had Configure::write('debug', 0); and in
AppController.php I had Configure::write('debug', 2); in the beforeFilter()
function.

The line in AppController.php is the one I've been focussing on to switch
into debug mode. Which leads me to another point of confusion for me. I had
been working under the assumption (can't remember where I learned this)
that I could override the debug=0 (global?) setting in the core with my own
(local?) setting in the AppController. Apparently I am mistaken. :-(
Perhaps I have carried over a cakePHP 1.x practice into cakePHP 2.x?

Ah well, guess it's a moot point now, eh?

Thanx guys, McS

---