If AuthController is included in AppController's $components array, it
will be enabled site-wide. If the plugin includes a controller, check
that is has a beforeFilter method, and that it includes a call to Auth
telling it which actions should not be blocked.

public function beforeFilter() {
        parent::beforeFilter();
        $this->Auth->allow(array('index', 'view'));   // etc.
}

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM, David Camerotto <djcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My apologies in advance, i am still relatively new to CakePHP.
>
> I took over a site a number on months ago and have slowly worked out how
> thing operate. (http://www.musicformywedding.com.au/)
>
> One issue that has me stumped is access to a custom plugin for FAQs, you can
> only access this page if logged in.
>
> I cannot work out where the code is to control this, i have looked in the
> plugins controller but it seems to only affect the admin page for creating
> the FAQs.
>
> I even created a new plugin that was identical to the FAQ plugin apart from
> the naming conventions (called it questions) and it still asks you to login,
> does this mean that all plugins need authentication.
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Regards
> David
>
> --