Hi there,

I am currently working on my first cake project and I am starting with
creating a menu builder.

The features I would like this menu builder to have is:

Multiple Menus

Each Menu can have multiple links

Each Link will have a single URL / Location.

Any URL can be used multiple times by different links.

If a URL / Location is to change then every related links (URL / Location)
will change accordingly.

I am trying to keep this project within Cakes conventions.

At the moment I have 3 tables for this project:

*Menus:* Is where I store everything to do with the menu. Menu name,
styles, User Auth.

id | name | random data columns.....

*Links: *Is where I store all of the link information within each menu.
This will contain details like link location / url, display order, name of
the link, User Auth etc. It also contains 2 foreign keys 1 for the menu and
1 for the link url location.

id | menu_id | location_id | random data columns....

*Locations:* Is where I store url locations. I use This for ease of use if
locations change and I want to quick edit the change to reflect in my links.

id | location | random data columns......

My models are associated as below:

*Menu* $hasMany='links';

*Link* $belongsTo=array('Menu'=> array(), 'location'=> array());

*Location* $hasmany='Links';

I hope what I I have described so far makes sense.

The problems I am having so far is that I would like to know what I am
doing is keeping within Cakes conventions.
Also I would like to know how i would go about doing a Find() to return all
of the menus with their links and locations.

Would i do a find('all') on menu to get all data I need?
Or do i do a find('all') on link to get all of the data i need?

>From what I understand in the Cake documentation is if i did a Find('all')
on with Menu model then using the associations i have setup it would.
Display each link under each menu and each URL associated with each link.

For some reason it only returns menu's and their links but no URL's. I have
tried to use the recursive value and changed it to 2 but this made no
difference.

Thanks in Advance

Danny

---