Hello all,

I'm just wondering how best to approach content moderation and wondered
whether anyone that has done something similar could offer any advice?

For example, I have Users that have many Posts.  Whenever a Post is added
it needs to be approved before being published (easy), but also when a Post
is edited the changes will need to be held in moderation before being
published.  Whilst awaiting moderation, the previous version of the Post
should stay live on the site until the new version is published.

Also if a User edits a Post that is currently awaiting moderation, they
should be presented with the latest (unmoderated) version to edit instead
of the current live version.

For this scenario Posts do not HABTM Tags, which keeps it simpler.

So far I have thought of two approaches:

1) Have two tables for Posts and ModeratedPosts and a ModeratedPost
belongsTo a Post.  A Post only becomes a ModeratedPost when it has been
approved.

2) Store both Posts and ModeratedPosts in the same table with a 'moderated'
boolean.  I would still need some way of linking records together so that a
Post belongsTo a ModeratedPost.

Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Alex

--
Alex Bovey
Web Developer | Alex Bovey Consultancy Ltd

---