Well, usually most users put the files online as it comes from cakephp
website, just unzip the files and when upload to server, uploads all file
to the "public_html" folder, and this folder will have the .htaccess that
redirects every request to app/webroot, BUT if you create another folder in
public_html (where the app and lib folders are) and put a .htaccess with
RewriteEngine OFF, this folder will not be redirect to app/webroot and the
server will deliver to the client this folder´s content. SO you have the
public_html folder AND webroot´s folder...

For example you have /public_html/app/webroot
If you create for example /public_html/docs and put a .htaccess with
RewriteEngine OFF here, when you type www.yoursite.com.br/docs this folder
will be accessible
OR if you create /public_html/app/webroot/docs will be accessible also at
www.yoursite.com.br/docs

BUT, the most correct way to upload the files to the server, is to upload
the app and lib folder to a not public folder, but you will upload the
app/webroot contents to the public_html folder, and change the index.php
settings of webroot´s folder, in this case the webroot NOW IS the
public_html folder, and you just need to put the html files anywhere in
your public folder, dont need any .htaccess to stop the RewriteEngine...

In this case, you should create /public_html/docs and dont need to put any
.htacccess here, jut access throught www.yoursite.com.br/docs

Let me understand, you dont want to insert into your public folder because
you want the people have no access to the docs??

Em quinta-feira, 16 de maio de 2013 12h16min18s UTC-3, glk escreveu:

> Hello All,
>
>  I have help documentation in html, png files located in a single
> folder... Created by another.
>
> Where should these files be located within the site's app folder.  A
> folder within /View/Pages are as separate folder /View/Help?
>
> If this Help were in PDF format, where (by convention) should that or any
> other downloadable file be stored within the app folder?
>
> I know these are probably silly questions, but a pointer in the right
> direction (using proper conventions) would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thank you,
> Greg

---