function evFrmCreate($model, $fields, $currentId, $limit='50'){
  //the only reason we have limit set is because the Upload Additional
Information can have more
  // than 1 without being wrong. Where we need to se the problem with other
forms
  $record = $this->$model->find('all', array( 'conditions' =>
array($model.'.id' => $currentId),
//   'fields' => $fields,
//   'recursive' => -1,
   'limit'=>$limit));
  //pass the field to be included in the search
  $isComplete = $this->isComplete($model, $fields, $record);

Thank you for writing cricket.
I hope this is the code you want to see.
This seems to be where the query's made.
The error with col1 outside the tickmarks (`.`` col1) in the first post
causes $record to have nothing in it, causing invalid arguement
error in foreach() in functions like isComplete().
Please let me know if there's something else that would help.

---