I would suggest you first find the bottlenecks of your app. Is it the code,
the network, the database, other resource files? If the code, which
functions? A PHP profiler + network tab in Firebug/DeveloperTools should
get you going.

The best thing about Cake is that it is database-agnostic. Investing your
time in database platforms and options could pay off quite nicely. Also,
analysis and optimization of your models for fewer joins/reads/writes and
more caching might be fruitful. MongoDB offers a great way to store related
data in a single document and also load-balance and cluster your database.
For a high-traffic, translation-heavy site, it could come in handy. I am
currently working on a "hybrid" site, which uses both MySQL and Mongo for
different models, searching for best performance.

Investigate if Memcache might help you. Also offers load-balancing and
allows you to cache the records of your choosing for the fastest possible
reads. MySQL does SOME memory caching (to my knowledge), but just bench it
and evaluate.

If it's your code, try optimizing the code and the PHP setup on your server.

If it's your network, find another service provider.

Definitely use Containable behavior, if you are still not using it ...

As someone already said, app optimization is a fairly complex art form.
Most RADs are not built with speed in mind, but with fast deployment.

Pozdrave u dragu našu! :D

Vanja

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:43:08 AM UTC+2, Mr-Yellow wrote:

> Ask MySpace what it's like to get big on really bad code. Oh that's right
> everyone moved to Facebook etc....
> When success comes, it can come very fast, it's good practice to build
> scalable code from day-0.
>

> On Thursday, 3 February 2011 18:04:00 UTC+11, Jeremy Burns wrote:
>>
>> Always makes me chuckle when people are asking if their app can handle
>> Facebook style traffic. Don't waste time solving problems you don't yet
>> have.
>>
>> Jeremy Burns
>> Class Outfit
>>
>> jerem...@classoutfit.com