Mark,

It's good you directly include the containable behavior.
Since I'v started using CakePHP last winter I've heard it so many times
from experienced developers (e.g. in IRC) that this is a must have in
everyone's app, that I was wondering why is it not activated by default
then? ;-)

Thanks for your work!
Marc

On Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:34:10 AM UTC+2, mark_story wrote:

> The current plan that Jose and I have discussed is to return objects from
> the Models/Repo/Table objects. (The name isn't decided yet).  This fixes
> many of the data format issues and also mostly makes afterFind irrelevant
> which is nice.
>
> We've also removed containable in name but mainlined it in spirit. Instead
> of being a separate behavior controlling joins is part of the query builder.
>
> What parts of SecurityComponent are hard for ajax applications? I don't
> think there will be a way to use the form tampering prevention with ajax
> forms, however it is already possible to protect those forms from CSRF
> issues with re-usable CSRF tokens.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Sunday, 5 May 2013 23:52:14 UTC-4, Benjamin Allison wrote:
>>
>> If you're reworking the model layer, I think the most important things
>> are:
>>
>> 1) Harmonizing the format that data and associated data is save in and
>> returned in. Right now, it's all over the map, and is sometimes hard to
>> keep straight.
>>
>> 2) Allowing for a smoother way to filter models by their associated
>> models; having to write joins is kind of a pain.
>>
>> In addition, a smoother way of using AJAX with the Security component to
>> help accomodate the growing trend of JS based web apps.

---