You can't use __() on class variables.

Normally, you'd need to assign a translated message dynamically. See [
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/data-validation.html] and the
Dynamically change validation rules section. Requires CakePHP 2.2 to use
the nice calls.

However, looking at [
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/internationalization-and-localization.html],

and the Translating model validation errors, you can provide a
validationDomain for translations, so you could just supply 'message' =>
'Please enter a valid format', and provide a translation in the language
file specified by the validationDomain.  I don't know what version of
CakePHP you need for this, but I'll definitely be using it when I have to
update an old CakePHP 1.3 application that makes heavy use of translations.

Regards
Reuben Helms

On Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:35:57 UTC+10, Laszlo Espadas wrote:

> Dear Developers!
>
> Please help me.
>
> Your application localization error:
>
> *Error: * syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting ')'
> *File: * /var/www/test/app/Model/Post.php
> *Line: * 16
>
> Post.php on line 16:
>
> 'message' => __('Please enter a valid format'),
>
> The fully code:
>
>     public $validate = array(
>         'title' => array(
>             'rule' => 'notEmpty'
>         ),
>         'format' => array(
>             'valid' => array(
>                 'rule' => array('inList', array('standard', 'link',
> 'status', 'image')),
>                 'message' => __('Please enter a valid format'),
>                 'allowEmpty' => false
>             )
>         ),
>         'slug' => array(