Greetings,
I am new to this community -- and to CakePHP itself.  I have been testing a
long list of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symfony, Yii) and find
myself really attracted to Cake because of the logic of how it works.  It
just makes sense to me!

OK, for my actual questions on security...

1. I'm confused about about the Cake documentation entry stating that the
Sanitize element is no longer being maintained
(http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-utility-libraries/sanitize.html).  Is
this because it is no longer needed, or is it because we are expected to
find an external library for this purpose?
2. Is it enough to use this combination of elements in my apps:
    (a)
FormHelper<http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/helpers/form.html>
    (b)
SecurityComponent<http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/components/security-component.html>
    (c) Cake
Validation<http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/data-validation.html>

I know security is a very big topic.  And I know we can never be 100%
certain we have covered everything.  But when do Cake developers generally
reach that balance where they have done enough?

Thanks,
Matthew

---