It would not really affect it in a good way. :D
Cake is convention based and this will be your first drawback.
Moreover how did you plan on naming the files with the same name?
It is possible on Unix/Linux systems but it is a bad practice - very bad. :)
If they serve similar functionality they are most probably just different
user roles? :D
You could have different controllers for them, like: Users and Managers.
This is really an abstract OOP decision but in the context of Cake it'd not
do much good.

On Thursday, 10 October 2013 08:02:16 UTC+3, CrotchFrog wrote:

> I thought better of the idea. Seems pointless to have identical names when
> there are so many others to choose from :) I suppose I was more curious
> about how it would effect the app moreso than actually creating the
> controllers.
>
> Thanks for the reply :)
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Reuben <reuben...@gmail.com <javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Without namespaces, I think you might end up with a class name clash,
>> since you would have two UsersController classes trying to occupy the
>> global name space.
>>
>> Regards
>> Reuben Helms
>>
>> On Thursday, 10 October 2013 03:29:49 UTC+10, CrotchFrog wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be considered bad practice to have two identical controller
>>> names? For example I was wondering about having a 'UsersController'  to
>>> keep my logic separate from 'UsersController' in one of my plugins, or
>>> would it be best to just name one or the other differently? I can foresee
>>> one or two "issues" going this route but am I missing a bigger picture?
>>>
>>  --
>> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
>> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>>
>> ---