On 12/17/06, onemind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in using cakephp but going by the website my first
> impression is that it isnt built for IE7. I know it is IE's problem and
> not cakes but its pretty useless if it isnt designed to handle IE's
> quirks considering IE still has the largest market share.
>
> Is this a cake problem or just a cake website problem?
>
> Thanks :)
>

> --~--

Is it possible to assign blame to both parties in this case? ;)

IE7 has some quirks that need to be accounted for.
CakePHP needs some extensive testing to figure out how to deal with
those quirks.

So, I'm not sure if this can be laid out totally at the feet of
CakePHP.  I imagine I will be spending more time looking at how IE7
works because it's supposed to be on my list of browsers I have to
make sure work-related sites work properly with.

On a related note, I suggest people surf around Yahoo!'s YUI blog and
dig out the postings where they talk about what browsers they support
and how fully they support them.  Striving to match them is probably a
good idea.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard