Using Cake 2.4.3 on Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS

A new unexpected behavior started recently in one of my projects ... when I
run 'cake bake' in the directory instead of the normal console output it
displays what seems to be the contents of my default.ctp or possibly
executing index.php. 'cake bake' works fine in the rest of my projects.
I've been doing a lot of work in this project so I'm sure I managed to
change something I'm just not sure what that would be. Any help is
appreciated.

---