Why not just specify the element you need as the second parameter then create
an element for each message type - then you have complete control over layout,
styling, classes and eventhing.?
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/components/sessions.html#SessionComponent::setFlash

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com

On 12 Dec 2013, at 22:59, seba <sebastian.allo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Solved. Here's the working solution for reference-
>
> Code snippet in /Controller/AppController.php:
>
> public function beforeFilter() {
>   //Set custom authError message if user tries to access a controller when
> not logged in
>   $this->Auth->authError = __('You are not authorized to view this page.');
>   $this->Auth->flash['params']['class'] = 'alert alert-danger'; //Add this
> line to control output auth flash class
> }
>
> On Thursday, 12 December 2013 23:46:39 UTC+11, seba wrote:
> I'm looking for advice on how to customize the authError message class (I'm
> using Twitter Bootstrap, so would like to use the alert styles from
> Bootstrap).
>
> In /Controller/AppController.php I have the following snippet:
>
> public function beforeFilter() {
>   //Set custom authError message if user tries to access a controller when
> not logged in
>   $this->Auth->authError = __('You are not authorized to view this page.');
> }
> Which produces this HTML (class="message":

> page.</div>
>
> What I'd like to output is this HTML (class="alert alert-danger"):
> view this page.</div>
>
> Much thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP