I have a non profit using cake 1.2 with 20 virtual subdomains - 1 for each
sub group in the non profit.

Each subdomain runs off the one install and in app controller's
constructClasses I work out the subdomain, get the id from the database,
set the layout. That part of the code hasn't really changed in 6 years.

In debug mode I get a stack of deprecated warnings relating to core cake
files but everything continues to work. We're aware that an upgrade is
needed and the back end system is running on up to date cake.

Suddenly one of these subdomains won't load. Debugging shows it's not my
code so I've had to delve into the source code.

In cake/libs/view/view.php -  *View::renderLayout* there is a line

$out = View::_render($layoutFilename, $dataForLayout, $loadHelpers, true);

I can debug before that line and see all the variables and they all match
what the other subdomains have.

If I look at *View::_render* I can see everything that happens up until
this line

return $out;

$out looks perfect but if I let that line run I get a "no data loaded"
error on my browser and I don't see any of the debugging info I've been
sending to the screen.

I've spoken to the hosting company and they haven't made any changes to the
server or our hosting account.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

---