Thank you for the reply. I will need to do in-place editing of data tables.
Some data tables displayed needs to be dynamic like stock prices updating
in real-time but they need not be editable. I am hoping to find similar
jquery (or even better, cakephp) projects which accomplish these tasks.
Would you happen to know of any?

May I ask why CakePHP is simpler to work with ajax compared to other
frameworks?

On Monday, January 20, 2014 11:15:20 PM UTC+8, José Lorenzo wrote:

> I think it does matter to certain degree, if the framework helps you
> select the templates and layouts to use when requesting some content via
> ajax or as another type (like json or xml), you end up saving a lot of
> time. You're on the good place, then. CakePHP makes it extremely simple to
> work with ajax applications and with building APIs.
>
> What are your requirements? Do you need any extra tips on how to use ajax
> in cakephp?
>
> On Monday, January 20, 2014 3:58:41 PM UTC+1, Sam wrote:
>>
>> I have an upcoming project which may use lots of ajax dynamic front-end
>> features. Does the choice of framework matter to ease of ajax dynamic
>> front-end coding? I have never used ajax before, so I am kind of nervous at
>> whether cakephp would be the right choice or if there is a simpler
>> framework.
>>
>> My understanding is that for ajax, it makes web services calls to the
>> controller through sending the right URL and the controller returns the
>> reply in json. Therefore, it should not really matter which framework is
>> used because to the ajax, it just makes the right web service calls. Is my
>> understanding correct? Thank you.

---