<snip>

 > I realize now this is
> not a cakephp issue but an issue with the cakephp website developers.
> If they have such knowledge of web development but dont even bother to
> cater for non firefox users then what kind of developers are they?

In my experience "they" (the Cake developers) are a very capable group
of developers who contribute huge amounts of their time to:

   Build and improve Cake
   Answer my questions and everyone else's as well
   And even providing a website with Cake resources on it.

That the development team hasn't rushed to update the website for IE7
reflects their priorities which (it seems to me) start with developing
and supporting Cake and its users.

Personally I can happily live with having to view the website through
Firefox for now if it means that the work and support continues on the
core product.

The team do an unbelievable job and ask for nothing in return.  Giving a
bit of respect seems reasonable to me.

Regards,
Langdon