On Tuesday, 4 March 2014 18:56:03 UTC+1, Francisco Chacon wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We have developed several websites using Cake and have found that when the
> values in the persistent cache reaches a file size of close to 30,000, the
> services
> for uploading images and sending emails stop working.
> The sites have been checked by two persons, but not deeply familiar with
> Cake.
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Cake per-se.

Depending on the drive format 30K is the maximum number of files you can
store in a folder (what are you storing?). After this point you won't be
able to put new files in the folder.

The normal solution is to use subfolders:

    asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    ->
    as/df/asdfasdfasdfasdf

AD