Hi guys,

I am having some concerns on the current use of the @deprecated tag in the
docblocks of several Cake 2.x methods.

As the current Controller::disableCache() method states, it is deprecated
(http://api.cakephp.org/2.4/source-class-Controller.html#978-987) but that
is not true. It is still a valid method in CakePHP 2.x and as the comment
on this tag states: *it will be removed in 3.0. *So, as long as you are
developing in 2.x, this will never become a problem. It is "going to"
become a problem, but only *if* you update to 3.x which I guess is not
going to be the preferred option for every Cake developer that has a
zillion lines of code.

The reason I am having my concerns on the use of the tag, is that is
misleading. Because, when I use the Controller::disableCache() method in my
project, it is going to strike through the method and show a warning that
it is deprecated, but after inspection of the docblock, it is not and it
never will be in the 2.x releases. At least, that is what the comment
states.

I sincerely hope you understand my point of view on this subject and I
would love to get a discussion started, because as far as I'm concerned,
it's just throwing warnings that aren't really there and thus are messing
up the view on the code.

This issue exists for ~70 methods/functions in the current CakePHP library
(source: find all "@deprecated" and scan globally for anything that says
"3.0" in lib/Cake/)

---