Business-related DATA-connected logic is best residing in the Model, yes
but there are still other considerations.
What if your logic was somehow VIew-related? For example you had to show
some complex three-like structure and you wanted to pre-process it on the
server?
A model would do of course, but you could also use a Helper to encapsulate
the logic.

It all comes down to a developer's decision.
Get to know the life of a typical Cake
Request<http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/getting-started/a-typical-cakephp-request.html>.

It contains the specific implementation details of MVC in CakePHP.

If you're putting your complex algorithm in a Model Class you could do so
in a separate model - i.e. you do not need to put the logic in any specific
model if it is not logically connected to only one Model.
You can have a "table-less model" in Cake just by setting the Model's
$useTable property to FALSE or
NULL.<http://api.cakephp.org/2.5/class-Model.html#$useTable>

Anyway anything is possible of course.

Cheers,
    Borislav.

On Friday, 11 April 2014 15:27:07 UTC+3, Vitor Vezani wrote:

> Hello guys, I want to do an app that will recommend itens for users, there
> will be a complex algorithm behind it, and seeing the structure of cake I m
> a little bit confuse
>
> Is this possible to do it in cackphp(I mean, any complex's algorithm)? If
> so, where would I put this algorithm? At the model or controller?
>
> Thanks guys!

---