Hi

I don't do request router a lot, but I thought I'd try something with
CakePHP 3.0, and am currently working with the dev3 release.

I was under the impression that if you didnt pass any parameters to
Router::parseExtensions(), then it would parse all extensions, including
the basics, like xml, json and html.

However, in the sample code I was writing, the xml extension was not
recognised until I had Router::parseExtensions(['xml']);

Here's snippets of the code I think is relevant:

In routes.php:

Router::mapResources('authors);
Router::parseExtensions(); // Router::parseExtensions(['xml']); "works"

in AppController.php

public $components = array('RequestHandler');

in AuthorsController.php

public function index() {
$authors = $this->paginate($this->Authors);
debug($authors);
$this->set(array(
'authors' => $authors,
'_serialize' => array('authors')
));
}

Expected URL to call:

http://localhost/authors.xml

Resulting error:

Error: Authors.xmlController could not be found.
Error: Create the class Authors.xmlController below in file:
App\Controller\Authors.xmlController.php

Specifying xml in parseExtensions, "works" after a fashion (the Controller
is found, but there's still an error, which is the subject of another post.

Regards
Reuben Helms

---