Try looking at find->list
)http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/retrieving-your-data.html#find-list).
It'll return a key => value array where key is the value you want to store
(teacher_id or student_id) and value is the name of the teacher or student that
will be displayed in the drop down. Check out the displayField model property
(http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/models/model-attributes.html#displayfield).

---