Here's one for the books. As I was hunting down the errors, I noticed
something in the "c:/www/pub/promats/index.php" that made me go 'hmmm'.
The file began:
    1<?php
    if (!defined('DS')) {
        define('DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
    }
    . . .

Don't know how / when / why that single character '1' got in there, but
removing it brought sanity back to my development efforts. 'Egg on face'
anyone? ;-)

On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 14:07:36 UTC-4, McScreech wrote:

> OK, scratch the blank page error. I noticed an issue with my httpd.conf
> file where the "c:/www/pub" directory directive had the option
> 'AllowOverride None'. I changed it to 'AllowOverride All' and am displaying
> the page with a variety of errors - at least I now have something visible
> to work with, eh? ;-)
>
> BTW, the paths are still mangled as described in my original post.
>
> On Wednesday, 9 July 2014 13:36:14 UTC-4, McScreech wrote:
>>
>> P.S. When I try to access the login page it returns a blank page with the
>> following message regardless of changes to any path variable:
>> 'Not Found
>>
>> The requested URL /promats/users/login was not found on this server.'

---