Hi, I cant authenticate users when I login in using appcontroller code . I
login with a non admin role and I still get through. . In fact I dont get
any error and no debug value appears so the isAuthorized($user) doesnt
work.l use the same code without email and used username in another website
and it works fine. I looked at the code from the docs and really couldnt
see the issue. The fields in the users table have role, email,password.
Since the same code worked elsewhere without email for username then I am
stuck on what to do as i checked how you add email as username in
$components.

I have a user with a role called teacher that always logs in when it
shouldnt and I have simple password enabled. I checked email and role
values in database and all is as expected.

http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/tutorials-and-examples/blog-auth-example/auth.html

 public $components = array(
     "Email",
    'Session',
    'Auth' => array(
        'loginRedirect' => array('controller' => 'users', 'action' =>
'dashboard'),
        'logoutRedirect' => array('controller' => 'users','action' => 'login'
),
         'authenticate' => array( 'Form' => array('fields' => array('username'
=> 'email') ,
         'authorize' => array('Controller') // Added this line
    ))));

        public function isAuthorized($user) {
            // Admin can access every action
            debug($user['role']); //// NO output
            debug("asdddddddddddddddddddddddddd");//// NO output

            if (isset($user['role']) && $user['role'] === 'admin') {
                return true;
            }

            // Default deny
            return false;